Wednesday, February 11, 2009

State of the Union

frustration. anger. sadness. rejection. pills. cookies. valentines day. dieting. apples to apples.

FRUSTRATION: not being able to function, make choices, or move the heck on.
ANGER: not being able to make choices for your own life.
SADNESS: (see first sentence)
REJECTION: having your good friend tell you you're not there for them when they need you. and NO, if you're one of the few who reads this, I'm not talking about you) OUCH!!!
PILLS: I guess I'm talking about the ones my husband WON'T TAKE when I'm not home. I may be giving my resignation on Friday, if he can't start taking care of himself.
COOKIES: the ones I WON'T be making without gloves for my husband anymore since it soaks into your skin when you roll them into ball to cook them, and they make you high for a day and a half, and you make really bad choices that are out of your control...(sorry to my ONE friend who reads this)
VALENTINES DAY: I am actually looking forward to this year since we are joining some good friends for dinner at a REALLY good restaurant.
DIETING: I've lost 5 pounds. yeah for me! (and Randy)
APPLES TO APPLES: the game i just lost to my son...

There you have it folks. That's where the Miller's sit right now.

6 comments:

mary said...

Where do I begin........
Frustration...Let God be in charge, He is anyway and allowing it makes life easier.
Anger...See frustration
Friends...You have many and if any one of them says you are not there for them well then they have their head to far up...I'll leave it at that.
Cookies...a little goes a long way! Relax we all do things we may not ahve done if we look back on our lives.
Your job... You need it...pay a neighbor to come over on regular intervals to administor medication.
As a famous bumper sticker says "a friend will bail you out of jail and true friend will sit next to and say wow we messed up!" You've got true friends that don't judge. Rely on them!

Carrie Anne Schmeck said...

Welcome to the Anger stage of grief. Sounds like you have it down pretty well.

I agree with Mary about the "friend." Honestly. She picked now to tell you that you are not there for her? Sorry, not a friend. Rather, a very egocentric person.

You are going to make it, darlin'.

You have plenty of friends who are holding you and the family up in prayer. Give yourself a minute to relax and feel the arms of love around you.

Emily Faulknor said...

I know we aren't there and we aren't maybe considered your close friends, but I consider myself your friend. I want you to know that even though none of my friends down here are your friends, they all faithfully ask me every week how you are doing and I let them know how to continue to pray for you. You are loved, you are supported, you are strong, but don't feel like you have to be strong. Being strong is God's job,He is carrying you. Hang on Kristyn. Hang on! Resist the lies of the enemy. Love you!

Becky Moseley said...

Kristyn, I'm feeling your pain at the moment. Specifically in regards to this "friend" that seems to think you haven't been there for her lately. I've had people say that to me, too, when I'm in the middle of my own crisis, so I know the anger that's rising up in you as a result. May God bring patience and grace for that friend who clearly is struggling to look past her own needs to see that you're just barely meeting your own.

So for whatever it's worth, you're being thought of and prayed over.

karen said...

You and your family continue to be in my daily prayers. May Jesus be your strength during this frustrating time. Our God is able!! I can certainly see why you need to vent...using your blog is a safe way to do it. May your true friends step up & give you tons of support every day.

Unknown said...

You are still one of my heroes! Praying for you and your family. Love you guys lots!