Friday, September 19, 2008

ummmm...yeah...

what the heck? satan is on a rampage. i know that he is trying to mess up tonight. it happens to be the night we get to host the "stirring BBQ and SWIM PARTY". yeah right.
it's like 75 degrees out, which i would normally love, but no one will want to swim. not a big deal. i got over it like, 3 hours ago. then as i was trying to prepare the rest of the patio, house, lawn etc... nothing else would work right either. the hose leaks all over my feet as i tried to hose off the porch, and i HATE having wet shoes. that put me in an instant crabby mood. i could not get the weed eater to start in the front or back, randy luckily came to my rescue. as soon as i cleaned up one mess, of course something else got messed up. that is how most of my day has gone.

now i KNOW this is satan, but i just want to give up, call meghan to tell her it's off, and go read my book all alone in my room. that's still a possibility, since it's only 4 :15, but my love for my meghan is enough to carry on. grrr.


for those of you who DO make it tonight, i really hope you have fun, and God kicks satan's butt the heck out of the miller's back yard!!!! those of you who can't make it, we'll try again next year, right?

5 comments:

idiot said...

Every weekend is a party/bbq weekend at the Millers. right? We love you guys! Hope you managed to have fun without us.

nathan said...

thanks for the BBQ ... amazing steak and potato salad and Fat Daddy's bbq sauce ... I'm almost jumped in the pool, but I enjoy hanging and eating burnt hot dogs ...

kristyn miller said...

no, this was our week. "the stirring BBQ" will be at someone else's place next week. unless you were referring to the fact that we tend to have BBQ-swim parties every weekend, then, yes you would be correct.

just to clarify: i did enjoy having the BBQ here. i loved the fellowship. the steak was great. it was a NICE evening.

idiot said...

ok

Erica said...

I know what you mean. Today mom's group was at my house. Right before people came I made coffee. It exploded onto my counter tops and floor as people were arriving. Nice twelve cups of Starbucks breakfast blend all over my kitchen. My toilet overflows, my bathroom didn't get cleaned. Where is the get to the fun part when you need it. Haha! We had a great time at your home. Loved being with you guys. Thanks for having us.